Society for Anglo-Chinese Understanding (SACU). Information about China, language and culture.
Chinese poetry, calligraphy and painting are linked as the “Three Perfections”. These websites give the original Chinese characters as well as translations:
- Chinese Poems -Traditional & Simplified Chinese characters, pinyin and translation. The FAQs offer an introduction to Chinese poetry.
- 300 Tang Poems – Traditional Chinese characters and translation (Downloadable file)
- Award-winning translator David Hinton – Includes Tang greats Li Po, Du Fu and Wang Wei. (Uses Wade-Giles romanisation).
- Characters and translations, plus information on translators of Chinese Poetry at the quirky Mountain Songs.
- Find out more about famous Chinese Song dynasty poetess Li Qingzhao.
- Sinolingua Abridged Chinese Classic series 100 Ancient Chinese Poems. Original Chinese, pinyin and translations I’ve found, mostly Tang Dynasty, plus a CD ROM. Could help with studying Mandarin.
- Calligraphy poems recited.
- Books about Chinese Poetry:
Radio 3 programme on the music of the Yi and Hani ethnic minorities in Yunnan province.
- FutureLearn: Chinese History and Chinese books.
- Coursera: Chinese language and culture.
- Khan Academy.
- Search MOOC list for other options.
NOTE: CBPS is not responsible for the content of any of these sites.