This page includes information on CBP courses and a list of colleges that have CBP courses (scroll to bottom of page). See their websites for current course dates. CBP courses may vary in date and may not be available every term, so CBPS cannot guarantee exactly what is on offer at any time. CBPS is not responsible for the content of any of these sites.
- One-day painting course 15 September
- beginners 10.30 – 13.00
- intermediate 14.00 – 16.30
- Wednesday Course 6 weeks starting 21 Sept:
- Level Two and above 11.30 – 13.30
- One-day painting course 22 September
- beginners 10.30 – 13.00
- intermediate 14.00 – 16.30.
- Friday Course 6 weeks starting 21 Sept:
- Beginners 11.30 – 13.30
- Saturday Course 6 weeks starting 29 Sept:
- Level Two and above: 11:-00 am to 13:00 pm
- Sunday Course 6 weeks starting 7 Oct:
- 10:30 am to 12:30 pm (landscape – spring scenery)
- 13:00 pm to 15:00 pm (goldfish and magnolia flowers)
- 15:30 pm to 17:30 pm (chrysanthemums)
Work shop group at The Art and Frame Centre at Kelly Bray, Callington (close to the Devon and Cornwall county border) meets on the first and third Thursday afternoon of each month from 1pm to 4pm. Contact;email@example.com
CBPS member teacher Gwen Powell has monthly Saturday workshops in Surbiton, open to all levels. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
CBPS member teacher Angela Reich is starting a new adult education class at King Charles Centre in Surbiton, Monday afternoons 15.30 – 17.30, starting 17th September 2018: prospectus & booking. ; more details.
West Dean: Chinese brush painting – trees, 7 to 11 October 2018 with CBPS member teacher Maggie Cross
CBPS member teacher Jean Turton has a regular workshop 2nd Saturday of the month at Church House, Caversham, 10am to 1pm. email@example.com
- Painting Like Ren Bonian with Willian Cai
- Free landscape with Kaili Fu
- Running style calligraphy with Dr Li Xuzhuang
- Flower & bird with Qu Leilei
- Flower fruit and bird with Kaili Fu
- Life drawing the Chinese way with Qu Leilei
CBPS Teacher Marion Dearlove teaches at The Settlement, Letchworh.
CBPS member teacher Jean Turton will be at Denman in 2018 & 2019:
- September 2018 painting an autumn fan.
- October 2018 mist and mellow fruitfulness
- January 2019 Promises of Spring
- March 2018 Life on Water
- September 2019 Memories of Summer
CBPS member teachers Paul Maslowski and Claire Seaton run monthly Saturday workshops for Leicestershire Traditional Chinese Brush Painters (LTCBP), open to all levels, at the University of Leicester Botanic Gardens, Leicester (map).
Paul & Claire also teach around the country by invitation, having taught in Hampshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, Norfolk, Northamptonshire, Nottinghamshire & Warwickshire this year alone. Please contact either of them by clicking on the links above.
CBPS member teacher Peter Millward is teaching at:
- Nottingham Society of Artists studio on Friar Lane every Wednesday from 10.30 to 12.30
- Wednesday nights in Toton Tesco near Beeston/Nottingham 7.00pm to 9.00pm all year round.
CBPS member teacher Leo Donaghy is teaching:
- Painting of the Song Dynasty at the Willow Gallery Oswestry, Wednesdays: 26 September, 3, 10 & 17 October, 10am to 1.30pm. Please book through the Willow Gallery on 01691 657 575.
Beginners CBP at Westhope College, Craven Arms, Tuesday October 9th, 10.00 to 4.00pm, & follow-on course Saturday February 9th 2019. Please book through the College on 01584 861 293.
Non-residential CBP Classes
Colleges with residential CBP courses
- Ammerdown Centre www.ammerdown.org
- Claridge House www.claridgehousequaker.org.uk
- Dedham Hall www.dedhamhall.co.uk
- Denman College www.denman.org.uk
- Dillington House www.dillington.com
- Higham Hall www.highamhall.com
- Knuston Hall www.knustonhall.org.uk [type Chinese in the search box]
- Missenden Abbey http://www.missendenschoolofcreativearts.co.uk
- West Dean College www.westdean.org.uk