This page includes information on CBP courses and a list of colleges that have CBP courses (scroll to bottom of page). See their websites for current course dates. CBP courses may vary in date and may not be available every term, so CBPS cannot guarantee exactly what is on offer at any time. CBPS is not responsible for the content of any of these sites.
- Wednesday Course 6 weeks starting 1 May:
- Level Two and above 11.30 – 13.30 (koi & kingfishers)
- Friday Course 6 weeks starting 10 May:
- Beginners 11.30 – 13.30 (landscape)
- Saturday Course 6 weeks starting 11 May:
- Level Two and above 11.30 – 13.30 (magnolia and birds)
- Sunday Course 6 weeks starting 12 May (12 May, 2 Jun, 9 Jun, 16 Jun, 23 Jun and 30 Jun):
- Level Two and above 10.30 – 12.30 (lychee & chicks)
- Level Two and above 13.00 – 15.00 (magnolias and bees)
- Beginners 15:30 pm to 17:30 (orchids and small fish)
CBPS member teacher Peng Su:
- Regular Chinese Ink Painting Group in Exeter, St Sidwell Community Centre, Old Chapel, Monthly, every third Saturday 10am-1:30pm. See Baozhangbrush for details & contact.
- Work shop group at The Art and Frame Centre at Kelly Bray, Callington (close to the Devon and Cornwall border), the first and third Thursday afternoon of each month from 1pm to 4pm. Contact: email@example.com
CBPS member teacher Maggie Cross teaches at the Ammerdown Centre, Radstock, Bath.
CBPS member teacher Gwen Powell has monthly Saturday workshops in Surbiton, open to all levels. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
CBPS member teacher Angela Reich has an adult education class in Surbiton, Monday afternoons 15.30 – 17.30: Summer term starts 29 April: new joiners & beginners welcome.
CBPS memberTeacher Pauline Molesworth teaches CBP at Dormansland, Nr Lingfield, Surrey; 1st Friday of every month. Contact rogermolesworth
- Introduction to Chinese brush painting, with Julia Martin.
CBPS member teacher Jean Turton has a regular workshop 2nd Saturday of the month at Church House, Caversham, 10am to 1pm. email@example.com
- Flower fruit and bird with Kaili Fu, 4th May to 5th May 2019
- Life drawing the Chinese way with Qu Leilei, 14th Jun to 16th Jun 2019
- Hongren’s landscapes with William Cai, 5 & 6 August 2019
- Painting on Silk in Meticulous Style – Ancient Ladies with Kaili Fu, 14th Aug to 16th Aug 2019
CBPS Teacher Marion Dearlove teaches at The Settlement, Letchworh.
CBPS member teacher Jean Turton will be at Denman in 2019:
CBPS member teachers Paul Maslowski and Claire Seaton form Double Happiness Studio MH. They run monthly Saturday workshops for Leicestershire Traditional Chinese Brush Painters (LTCBP), open to all levels, at the University of Leicester Botanic Gardens, Leicester (map) and are on Facebook.
Paul & Claire also teach around the country by invitation, having taught in Hampshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, Norfolk, Northamptonshire, Nottinghamshire & Warwickshire this year alone. Please contact either of them by clicking on the links above.
CBPS member teacher Peter Millward is teaching at:
- Nottingham Society of Artists studio on Friar Lane every Wednesday from 10.30 to 12.30
- Wednesday nights in Toton Tesco near Beeston/Nottingham 7.00pm to 9.00pm all year round.
CBPS member teacher Leo Donaghy is teaching:
- Decorative Fowl at the Willow Gallery Oswestry, Wednesdays: 17 & 24 April. Please book through the Willow Gallery on 01691 657 575.
Beginners CBP at Westhope College, Craven Arms, Tuesday October 9th, 10.00 to 4.00pm, & follow-on course Saturday February 9th 2019. Please book through the College on 01584 861 293.
Non-residential CBP Classes
Colleges with residential CBP courses
- Ammerdown Centre www.ammerdown.org
- Claridge House www.claridgehousequaker.org.uk
- Dedham Hall www.dedhamhall.co.uk
- Denman College www.denman.org.uk
- Dillington House www.dillington.com
- Higham Hall www.highamhall.com
- Knuston Hall www.knustonhall.org.uk [type Chinese in the search box]
- Missenden Abbey http://www.missendenschoolofcreativearts.co.uk
- West Dean College www.westdean.org.uk