This page includes information on CBP courses and a list of colleges that have CBP courses (scroll to bottom of page). See their websites for current course dates. CBP courses may vary in date and may not be available every term, so CBPS cannot guarantee exactly what is on offer at any time. CBPS is not responsible for the content of any of these sites.
Guanghwa Bookshop Chinese painting courses. They provide the materials. Contact them to book: Tel: 0207 437 3737, E-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 6 weekly workshops at Beginner and Intermediate Levels starting Sunday 27 October.
- 6 weekly workshops at Intermediate Levels starting Wednesday 6 November.
- 6 weekly workshops at Intermediate Levels starting Friday 8 November.
The Princes School sometimes has CBP and calligraphy classes.
There are CBP teachers at the Sunny Arts Centre.
NEW workshops with CBPS member teacher Katrina Stephens, monthly at StableArt Bodmin. Full class details and cost on the Classes section of their website. Also one to one and small group tuition and demonstrations at her new studio in Fowey: Blue Feather Studio, 9b South Street, Fowey, PL23 1AR . Contact via her website.
CBPS member teacher Peng Su:
- Regular Chinese Ink Painting Group in Exeter, St Sidwell Community Centre, Old Chapel, Monthly, every third Saturday 10am-1:30pm. See Baozhangbrush for details & contact.
- Work shop group at The Art and Frame Centre at Kelly Bray, Callington (close to the Devon and Cornwall border), the first and third Thursday afternoon of each month from 1pm to 4pm. Contact: email@example.com
CBPS member teacher Maggie Cross teaches at the Ammerdown Centre, Radstock, Bath.
CBPS member teacher Gwen Powell has monthly Saturday workshops in Surbiton, open to all levels. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
CBPS member teacher Angela Reich has an adult education class in Surbiton, Monday afternoons 15.00 – 17.00: new joiners & beginners welcome.
CBPS member teacher Pauline Molesworth teaches CBP in Horsham. Contact rogermolesworth
West Dean: Chinese brush painting, with Julia Martin.
CBPS Member teacher Ann Fairchild teaches in Canterbury Adult Education.
CBPS member teacher Jean Turton has a regular workshop 2nd Saturday of the month at Church House, Caversham, 10am to 1pm. email@example.com
Missenden Abbey has CBP and calligraphy courses with CBPS Member teachers. Book through Missenden School of the Creative Arts.
CBPS Teacher Marion Dearlove teaches at The Settlement, Letchworh.
CBPS member teachers Paul Maslowski and Claire Seaton form Double Happiness Studio MH. They run monthly Saturday workshops for Leicestershire Traditional Chinese Brush Painters (LTCBP), open to all levels, at the University of Leicester Botanic Gardens, Leicester (map) and are on Facebook.
Paul & Claire also teach around the country by invitation, having taught in Hampshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, Norfolk, Northamptonshire, Nottinghamshire & Warwickshire this year alone. Please contact either of them by clicking on the links above.
CBPS member teacher Peter Millward is teaching at:
- Nottingham Society of Artists studio on Friar Lane every Wednesday from 10.30 to 12.30
- Wednesday nights in Toton Tesco near Beeston/Nottingham 7.00pm to 9.00pm all year round.
CBPS member teacher Leo Donaghy teaches at Westhope College, Craven Arms.
Non-residential CBP Classes
Colleges with residential CBP courses
- Ammerdown Centre www.ammerdown.org
- Claridge House www.claridgehousequaker.org.uk
- Dedham Hall www.dedhamhall.co.uk
- Denman College www.denman.org.uk
- Dillington House www.dillington.com
- Higham Hall www.highamhall.com
- Knuston Hall www.knustonhall.org.uk [type Chinese in the search box]
- Missenden Abbey http://www.missendenschoolofcreativearts.co.uk
- West Dean College www.westdean.org.uk