This page includes information on CBP courses. Scroll down for a list of all colleges that have CBP courses. See their websites for current course dates. CBP courses may vary in date and may not be available every term, so CBPS cannot guarantee exactly what is on offer at any time. CBPS is not responsible for the content of any of these sites.
- Friday Course 6 weeks starting 15 June, 11:30 am to 13:30 pm.
- Saturday Course 6 weeks starting 15 June, 11:30 am to 13:30 pm.
- Saturday Calligraphy Course 6 weeks starting 15 June, 13:30 pm
- Sunday courses 6 weeks starting 24 June:
Level Two and above: 10:30 am to 12:30 pm (landscape with rocks, mountains and trees); Level Two and above: 13:00 pm to 15:00 pm ( Azalea and Lily flowers); Beginners Level: 15:30 pm to 17:30 pm (orchid and small fishes).
CBPS member teacher Gwen Powell has monthly Saturday workshops, open to all levels. Contact email@example.com
West Dean: Chinese brush painting – trees, 7 to 11 October 2018 with CBPS member teacher Maggie Cross
Missenden Abbey has CBP and calligraphy courses in 2018. Book through Missenden School of the Creative Arts:
- Running script calligraphy 9 & 10 June
- Flowers & Insects 6 & 7 August
- Bamboo, flowers and Dogs 8-10 August
- Conversational Mandarin 16 & 17 August
CBPS Teacher Jane Evans teaches in October and March each year at Dedham Hall.
CBPS member teacher Jean Turton will be at Denman in 2018:
- January winter flowers and birds
- March Spring into Summer
- August predators & prey
- September painting an autumn fan.
- October mist and mellow fruitfulness.
CBPS member teachers Paul Maslowski and Claire Seaton run monthly Saturday workshops for Leicestershire Traditional Chinese Brush Painters (LTCBP), open to all levels, at the University of Leicester Botanic Gardens, Leicester (map). Contact either of them by clicking links above.
Non-residential CBP Classes
- Chinese Centre in Islington, London
- St-Martin-in-the-Fields, Trafalgar Square, London
- Sunny Art Centre, Westminster, London
- The Prince’s School of Traditional Arts, London
- Guanghwa Company Limited, London
- Letchworth Settlement, Herts, www.letchworthsettlement.org.uk
Colleges with residential CBP courses
- Ammerdown Centre www.ammerdown.org
- Claridge House www.claridgehousequaker.org.uk
- Dedham Hall www.dedhamhall.co.uk
- Denman College www.denman.org.uk
- Dillington House www.dillington.com
- Higham Hall www.highamhall.com
- Knuston Hall www.knustonhall.org.uk
- Missenden Abbey http://www.missendenschoolofcreativearts.co.uk
- West Dean College www.westdean.org.uk