This page includes information on CBP courses. Scroll down for a list of all colleges that have CBP courses. See their websites for current course dates. CBP courses may vary in date and may not be available every term, so CBPS cannot guarantee exactly what is on offer at any time. CBPS is not responsible for the content of any of these sites.
CBPS member teacher Dr Li Xuzhuang will be teaching calligraphy at the Princes School on 10 February 2018.
Guanghwa Bookshop Chinese painting courses. They provide the materials. Contact them to book: Tel: 0207 437 3737, www.guanghwa.com
- Saturdays Level Two and above: 11:00 am to 13:00m, Flower & insect, starting 6 January 2018
- Sundays Level Two and above: 10:30 am to 12:30m, landscape; 130.00 – 15.00 flower; 15.30 – 17.30 beginners bamboo, all starting 7 January 2018
- Wednesdays Level Two and above: 11:30 am to 13:30 pm, Landscape, 6 weeks starting 10 January 2018
CBPS member teacher Gwen Powell has monthly Saturday workshops, open to all levels.
Missenden Abbey has CBP and calligraphy courses in 2018. Book through Missenden School of the Creative Arts.
CBPS Teacher Jane Evans teaches in October and March each year at Dedham Hall.
CBPS member teacher Jean Turton will be at Denman in 2018:
- January winter flowers and birds
- March Spring into Summer
- August predators & prey
- September painting an autumn fan.
- October mist and mellow fruitfulness.
CBPS member teacher Jane Dwight is taking a Chinese Brush Painting Safari 19th – 29th March 2018 in beautiful Botswana, sketching, photographing and making Chinese brush paintings of the animals and birds encountered along the way.
CBPS Member teacher Kaili Fu is planning another tour to China 21/May – 7/Jun/2018.
Contact Kaili directly to express interest: firstname.lastname@example.org, 07801064578. Trip includes Chengdu (see giant pandas) Lhasa, Tibet (including long train journey to acclimatise to high altitude); 3 days painting classes in Tunxi, Anhui province; Yellow Mountains; Shanghai.
Non-residential CBP Classes
- Chinese Centre in Islington, London
- St-Martin-in-the-Fields, Trafalgar Square, London
- Sunny Art Centre, Westminster, London
- The Prince’s School of Traditional Arts, London
- Guanghwa Company Limited, London
- Letchworth Settlement, Herts, www.letchworthsettlement.org.uk
Colleges with residential CBP courses
- Ammerdown Centre www.ammerdown.org
- Claridge House www.claridgehousequaker.org.uk
- Dedham Hall www.dedhamhall.co.uk
- Denman College www.denman.org.uk
- Dillington House www.dillington.com
- Higham Hall www.highamhall.com
- Knuston Hall www.knustonhall.org.uk
- Missenden Abbey http://www.missendenschoolofcreativearts.co.uk
- West Dean College www.westdean.org.uk