This page includes information on CBP courses, and a list of colleges that have CBP courses (scroll to bottom of page). See their websites for current course dates. CBP courses may vary in date and may not be available every term, so CBPS cannot guarantee exactly what is on offer at any time. CBPS is not responsible for the content of any of these sites.
Note that courses may have been affected by Covid-19: check with the provider for the latest information. Many teachers and centres are now offering online classes.
Online calligraphy classes
Guanghwa Bookshop. Contact them to book: Tel: 0207 437 3737, E-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
CBPS Member teacher Angela Reich, private classes www.stoneandwaterstudio.co.uk
Xiaolan Gu teaches at Hampstead School of Art.
Guanghwa Bookshop Chinese painting courses. They provide the materials. Contact them to book: Tel: 0207 437 3737, E-mailing email@example.com. Online classes.
The Princes School sometimes has CBP and calligraphy classes.
There may be CBP teachers at the Sunny Arts Centre.
NEW workshops with CBPS member teacher Katrina Stephens, monthly at StableArt Bodmin. Full class details and cost on the Classes section of their website. Also one to one and small group tuition and demonstrations at her new studio in Fowey: Blue Feather Studio, 9b South Street, Fowey, PL23 1AR . Contact via her website.
CBPS member teacher Pauline Molesworth teaches CBP in Horsham. Contact rogermolesworth
CBPS Member teacher Ann Fairchild teaches in Canterbury Adult Education. Online classes.
CBPS member teacher Jean Turton has a regular workshop 2nd Saturday of the month at Church House, Caversham, 10am to 1pm. firstname.lastname@example.org
Missenden Abbey has CBP and calligraphy courses with CBPS Member teachers. Book through Missenden School of the Creative Arts.
CBPS member teacher Marion Dearlove teaches at the Letchworth Settlement.
CBPS member teachers Paul Maslowski and Claire Seaton form Double Happiness Studio MH. They run monthly Saturday workshops for Leicestershire Chinese Brush Painters (LCBP), open to all levels, at the University of Leicester Botanic Gardens, Leicester (map) and are on Facebook.
Paul & Claire also teach around the country by invitation, having taught in Hampshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, Norfolk, Northamptonshire, Nottinghamshire & Warwickshire this last year alone. Please contact either of them by clicking on the links above.
CBPS member teacher Peter Millward is teaching at:
- Nottingham Society of Artists studio on Friar Lane every Wednesday from 10.30 to 12.30
- Wednesday nights in Toton Tesco near Beeston/Nottingham 7.00pm to 9.00pm all year round.
CBPS member teacher Leo Donaghy teaches at Westhope College, Craven Arms.
- Kuen Shan (Llanfoist Village Hall, Church Lane, Abergavenny, NP7 9LP): classes monthly on a Thursday 10.am – 12 Mid day email@example.com
Yorkshire Chinese Brush Painting Group online events for members.
Non-residential CBP Classes
- Chinese Centre in Islington, London
- The Bishop Ho Ming Wah Association runs CBP classes at St-Martin-in-the-Fields, Trafalgar Square, London
- Sunny Art Centre, Westminster, London
- The Prince’s School of Traditional Arts, London
- Guanghwa Company Limited, London
- Letchworth Settlement, Herts
- Kingston Adult Education, Surrey
- Kent Adult Education
Colleges with residential CBP courses
- Ammerdown Centre (Somerset) www.ammerdown.org
- Claridge House (West Sussex) www.claridgehousequaker.org.uk
- Denman College (Oxfordshire) www.denman.org.uk
- Dillington House www.dillington.com
- Higham Hall (Cumbria) www.highamhall.com
- Knuston Hall (Norhamptonshire) www.knustonhall.org.uk [type Chinese in the search box]
- Missenden Abbey (Bucks) http://www.missendenschoolofcreativearts.co.uk
- West Dean College (West Sussex) www.westdean.org.uk