This page includes information on CBP courses, and a list of colleges that have CBP courses (scroll to bottom of page). See their websites for current course dates. CBP courses may vary in date and may not be available every term, so CBPS cannot guarantee exactly what is on offer at any time. CBPS is not responsible for the content of any of these sites.
Note that courses may have been affected by Covid-19: check with the provider for the latest information. Many teachers and centres are now offering online classes.
Online calligraphy classes
Guanghwa Bookshop. Contact them to book: Tel: 0207 437 3737, E-mailing email@example.com.
CBPS Member teacher Angela Reich, private classes www.stoneandwaterstudio.co.uk
Xiaolan Gu teaches at Hampstead School of Art.
Guanghwa Bookshop Chinese painting courses. They provide the materials. Contact them to book: Tel: 0207 437 3737, E-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Online classes.
The Princes School sometimes has CBP and calligraphy classes.
There may be CBP teachers at the Sunny Arts Centre.
Katrina Stephens has one to one and small group tuition and demonstrations at her studio in Fowey. Contact via her website.
CBPS member teacher Louisa Yuen contact via https://www.orientalartsbrighton.co.uk/find-us
CBPS Member teacher Ann Fairchild teaches in Canterbury Adult Education. Online classes.
CBPS member teacher Jean Turton has a regular workshop 2nd Saturday of the month at Church House, Caversham, 10am to 1pm. email@example.com
Missenden Abbey has CBP and calligraphy courses with CBPS Member teachers. Book through Missenden School of the Creative Arts.
CBPS member teacher Marion Dearlove teaches at the Letchworth Settlement.
CBPS member teacher Marion Dearlove teaches at Rothsay Education Centre from 2022
CBPS member teachers Paul Maslowski and Claire Seaton form Double Happiness Studio MH. They run monthly Saturday workshops for Leicestershire Chinese Brush Painters (LCBP), open to all levels, at the University of Leicester Botanic Gardens, Leicester (map) and are on Facebook.
Paul & Claire also teach around the country by invitation, having taught in Buckinghamshire, Hampshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, Middlesex, Norfolk, Northamptonshire, Nottinghamshire, Oxfordshire, Rutland & Warwickshire. Please contact them by clicking on the links above.
CBPS member teacher Peter Millward is teaching at:
- Nottingham Society of Artists studio on Friar Lane every Wednesday from 10.30 to 12.30
- Wednesday nights in Toton Tesco near Beeston/Nottingham 7.00pm to 9.00pm all year round.
CBPS member teacher Leo Donaghy teaches at Westhope College, Craven Arms.
- Kuen Shan (Llanfoist Village Hall, Church Lane, Abergavenny, NP7 9LP): classes monthly on a Thursday 10.am – 12 Mid day firstname.lastname@example.org
CBPS member teacher Judy Bell CBP class during term time In Walshaw, Bury on Friday afternoons email@example.com
Yorkshire Chinese Brush Painting Group online events for members.
Non-residential CBP Classes
- Chinese Centre in Islington, London
- The Bishop Ho Ming Wah Association runs CBP classes at St-Martin-in-the-Fields, Trafalgar Square, London
- Sunny Art Centre, Westminster, London
- The Prince’s School of Traditional Arts, London
- Guanghwa Company Limited, London
- Letchworth Settlement, Herts
- Rothsay Education Centre Beds
- Kingston Adult Education, Surrey
- Kent Adult Education
Colleges with residential CBP courses
- Ammerdown Centre (Somerset) www.ammerdown.org
- Claridge House (West Sussex) www.claridgehousequaker.org.uk
- Denman College (Oxfordshire) www.denman.org.uk
- Dillington House www.dillington.com
- Higham Hall (Cumbria) www.highamhall.com
- Knuston Hall (Norhamptonshire) www.knustonhall.org.uk [type Chinese in the search box]
- Missenden Abbey (Bucks) http://www.missendenschoolofcreativearts.co.uk
- West Dean College (West Sussex) www.westdean.org.uk