Pat J shared this modern poem on Plum Blossom.
Iris were very popular with Japanese painters, particularly gorgeous screens.
Some Song, Yuan and Ming flower and other paintings in the Bi Gong Yuan album described by Professor Janes Cahill (skip to minute 15.30 if you are less interested in his career and books).
Member Sylvia Radius has created cherry blossom (Sakura) and orchids on ceramics: “it was very unusual to paint with a bamboo pencil on a convex shape or a hollow shape. But very nice to practice. My friend Cecilia Vervoort made the ceramics.”
Some blossoms to anticipate spring:
- Places to see cherry blossom in China
- Blossom, lights & fireworks
- Plum blossom links to painters & videos
- Jin Nong’s plum blossom album
- Plum blossom is one of the Three Friends of Winter
- Bamboo, Plum and Other Plants
- Did you know that Wisteria was named after Caspar Wistar? There is a wisteria bridge in Lingering Garden.
- Poetic winter– thanks to Marion D & Anne A for sharing
- Purple and Red – flowers in National Palace Museum
Why not relax with a nice cup of tea from member Ann M.