Have a look at these tutorials by CBPS member teachers:
- Jane Dwight on Little Birds
- Jane Dwight on Insects
- Jane Dwight on Chickens and Chicks
- Loading the Brush by Jane Dwight: peony & chrysanthemum
Virginia Lloyd-Davies has a useful tutorial on how to improve an old painting.
There are many videos of Chinese painting on the internet. See here for members’ recommendations.
You can find out about Chinese Calligraphy:
- What is good calligraphy?
- Demonstration of different scripts.
- Demonstration of Xing Shu (“running script”).
- Demonstration of Xing Shu in the style of Mi Fu.
There is also some help with mounting your pictures:
- video on mounting by Henry Li
- A video made by the British Museum showing Qu Leilei’s paintings being mounted as traditional scrolls.
Wet mounting is the traditional method, but dry mounting may be possible; have a look at these notes: Dry Mounting